Welcome to my Blog all about Petunia

Petunia is my 1962 Vintage Kencraft travel trailer, I bought about 1 year ago. I am absolutely head over heals in love with this little gem and I have become obsessed with all things "Vintage". When I bought her, I had no idea that vintage trailers were all the rage at the moment and neither did the people I bought her from. I felt like I had won the lottery. I immediately embarked on a journey to find out any and all information about restoring them and now find myself in the exclusive club that is Vintage trailer owners. I can't wait to share with you my adventures in her and all the treasures I have found to decorate and bling her out and fix her up. I know she needs a paint job desperately (not to mention a few additional things) and I am working out exterior paint design and colors. The tan stripe is not original. I've scrapped some of the paint off and it appears that the original might have been yellow. Not sure if I will go back to that, or paint it pink.. I promised my husband that I wouldn't make her too "girly" but sadly..it's happening. I just can't help myself. So welcome to my blog. I am new to this whole blogging world, so please bear with me. I'm learning as I go. I welcome feedback and input for sure. I look forward to meeting you and making many new blogging, vintage trailer, friends. - Happy Glamping!



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Beginning

So I'd like to take you on a little journey into the past. Well, the past year that is and tell you the amazing story of how I came to own this little gem that I call Petunia. For the past three years, every day on my drive to work, I would pass this little charming farmhouse at the end of the short street, where I live. As I would drive pass, I caught a glimpse of this darling little trailer who looked oh so sad and tired. I often thought to myself what it would be like to own one of these little trailers, fix it up and go camping. I didn't realize that they were the hottest thing right now. So I would drive by the house and dream about what that trailer looked like inside and wondered if the owners would ever be willing to sell it. Flash forward to last spring. I was driving by on my usual route to work when out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something red. Errrrrrr (those were the squeal of my breaks as I threw the car in reverse) and lo and behold, there it was..that red FOR SALE sign. So I did what any level headed, red blooded american, vintage lovin girl would do. I walked right up to the front door and knocked. I tell you, when I took one look inside that baby I knew I was a gonner..I just had to have her. So I called the hubby and did a little sweet talkin..a couple of hours later she was in my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment