Welcome to my Blog all about Petunia

Petunia is my 1962 Vintage Kencraft travel trailer, I bought about 1 year ago. I am absolutely head over heals in love with this little gem and I have become obsessed with all things "Vintage". When I bought her, I had no idea that vintage trailers were all the rage at the moment and neither did the people I bought her from. I felt like I had won the lottery. I immediately embarked on a journey to find out any and all information about restoring them and now find myself in the exclusive club that is Vintage trailer owners. I can't wait to share with you my adventures in her and all the treasures I have found to decorate and bling her out and fix her up. I know she needs a paint job desperately (not to mention a few additional things) and I am working out exterior paint design and colors. The tan stripe is not original. I've scrapped some of the paint off and it appears that the original might have been yellow. Not sure if I will go back to that, or paint it pink.. I promised my husband that I wouldn't make her too "girly" but sadly..it's happening. I just can't help myself. So welcome to my blog. I am new to this whole blogging world, so please bear with me. I'm learning as I go. I welcome feedback and input for sure. I look forward to meeting you and making many new blogging, vintage trailer, friends. - Happy Glamping!



Monday, June 20, 2011

Since my Petunia is only one of a few Ken-Craft trailers that I see online I really aim to make her unique, like she is. I've spent hours and hours searching the internet for exterior paint ideas and I've come to the conclusion that there is not much "uniqueness" to be had. Now don't get me wrong, I think the paint jobs are all charming, but most are fairly standard to the time period. Anyway, I just want to be different. So here are a few ideas I came up with. Let me know what you think.

The Front:

The side and Rear:

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this color scheme and wholeheartedly agree about the usual paint schemes out there. They are beautiful in their way but I am so happy to see someone else stepping out of the box on this. We're going for something different as well. I love your little drawing... think I'll give it a try for fun.
    Also...that pink stove! Fabulous! I will be back for more reading later. So nice to have met you.
    Yolanda
    from sweetlimetrailer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda, thank you for your sweet words. I'm having trouble posting comments on other people's blogs (including yours) so please don't think I am ignoring you. I have a complaint into Google..I guess it is a "Known Issue" for them, whatever that means. I just want it fixed so I can post again. I love my little design too..not finished completely yet, but it is coming together.

    ReplyDelete