Welcome to my Blog all about Petunia

Petunia is my 1962 Vintage Kencraft travel trailer, I bought about 1 year ago. I am absolutely head over heals in love with this little gem and I have become obsessed with all things "Vintage". When I bought her, I had no idea that vintage trailers were all the rage at the moment and neither did the people I bought her from. I felt like I had won the lottery. I immediately embarked on a journey to find out any and all information about restoring them and now find myself in the exclusive club that is Vintage trailer owners. I can't wait to share with you my adventures in her and all the treasures I have found to decorate and bling her out and fix her up. I know she needs a paint job desperately (not to mention a few additional things) and I am working out exterior paint design and colors. The tan stripe is not original. I've scrapped some of the paint off and it appears that the original might have been yellow. Not sure if I will go back to that, or paint it pink.. I promised my husband that I wouldn't make her too "girly" but sadly..it's happening. I just can't help myself. So welcome to my blog. I am new to this whole blogging world, so please bear with me. I'm learning as I go. I welcome feedback and input for sure. I look forward to meeting you and making many new blogging, vintage trailer, friends. - Happy Glamping!



Friday, August 26, 2011

A little rearranging!

As much as I love Petunia's curtains, there has always been something that has bugged me or "messed with my Feng su" when I look at them. So when my friend Nikki (Seamstress Extraordinaire) came over to talk "fabric and stuff" I shared this dilemma with her. After talking things through for about an hour, I got a bright idea to swap out the bedroom and dining area curtains..Tada!! Much better. So now, she is going to make me a couple of matching curtains for the larger windows up front, and use the remaining fabric for an apron and some decorative pillows. Eventually I will have curtains made that are all "girly" ..but since I did promise Mr. B that I would attempt to keep her a little more "neutral" I will have to wait on the foo foo curtains. I think these are pretty cute for now.

1 comment:

  1. The comfort room of the RV of my cousin has a curtain. I like the design of yours. Clearly, the variety of designs and patterns of curtains add up to their appeal. Aside from the interiors, my cousin makes sure that the RV would stay smelling fresh and alluring all the time. How about you, what fragrance do you prefer to use inside that ride? =)

    ReplyDelete